Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Plastic Surgery Story [Part 3]

This is the last part of my plastic surgery story. Here is Part 1 and Part 2.

On the morning of June 2, 2010 it felt like an eternity waiting for the doctors to take me back and get me all prepped for surgery. I had arrived around 6am to be sure I was ready and I wasn't rushing around. When they finally called me back, my mom and Juan were by my side. They were more scared and worried than I was. They kept asking me if I was nervous or scared. I really wasn't. I was getting anxious because I wanted to be done and see my new boobies. The doctor came in and marked me up and the anesthesiologist got me all hooked up on meds and I was off to lala land. The surgery itself lasted about 3-4 hours. I was taken to a recovery room where my family was waiting for me. They woke me up and had me use the restroom. After that I was ready to go home.



It was that easy.

I was home in my own bed by 1pm that same day.

My mom and Juan nursed me while I was still groggy and drowsy from the medications I was taking. After the second day I was good on my own just sleepy. Reaching up or lifting things was out of the question for me but I had my family and Juan helping so I didn't hurt myself.

I had my post op appointment later that week where they removed my pain pump and removed some stitches. The rest would dissolve on their own. By the way, the pain pump is the best ever. It only numbs the area and it works great. I highly recommend it. My drains didn't come out until the week after. Those were the only thing that sucked because they were gross and you had to haul them everywhere you went. Two weeks with those and I was over it.


Three days later and I was hauling the drains around in this baggy. I was ready to go shopping. 

When I finally had the drains removed, it was the final piece of this journey. I was relieved and I felt so free. It was during the summer and I was looking forward to wearing strapless/strappy dresses. 


This was after the drains were removed, right after that appointment I had my brother snap this picture of me. I was so excited to have a button up top actually button ALL the way up! LOL What a great feeling! 

Overall, my experience with this plastic surgery was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon or recovery experience. Had I known it was going to be that easy, I would have done it years before. The small scars I have from the surgery are well worth it and the confidence I feel is priceless. I'd do it over again if I had to.

I know a lot of people don't believe in plastic surgery and I'll admit I was one of those people. I didn't want the surgery back then and I didn't even think it was an option until I turned 18 and it was something I definitely considered. I now see it was a blessing and I'm thankful that I was able to experience this because it literally was life changing. Whether you want smaller breasts, bigger breasts, a nose jobs, whatever...if it will make you feel more confident and comfortable in your skin I say GO FOR IT! You only live once and you deserve to feel confident and sexy with yourself. But most of all, do it for YOU. No one else but yourself! 

Have you had plastic surgery? Are you considering? Let me know! I'd love to hear from you! 

Email me if you have any questions, I'd love to answer them. I can even recommend an amazing doctor if you're in the DFW area. 

xoxo





 

No comments:

Post a Comment