Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I'm not the kinda girl

Happy Humpday, people! Here I am posting all late on Wednesday because I'm a slacker and I wait until the end of the day to do every thing. Sue me.

First off - do you ever window shop online and you see something you absolutely have to have? That has been me ALL week. First it was this KLR dress that I totally had to have as soon as it was posted and then it was these sandals by Jessica Simpson. Like I can't even sleep because all I can think about is that "I need them." Of course I don't really need them but they are so cute and I want all the spring clothes and shoes.


LE SIGH. But for $110 I don't think they'll be coming home with me anytime soon.

So onto my Confession of the week...take a deep breath.

I don't want a wedding.



*GASP*

Well, a BIG wedding.

I know it's every girls dream to have a wedding and I did want one for a small period of time but then after giving it some thought I don't think I want one anymore. I always hear that people get stressed out, in debt, friends/family arguments arise, etc. and I don't want to be dealing with that in preparation of the best day of my life. Plus, it doesn't help I have a giant ass family and it would cost ME (or my daddy) a fortune.

Of course my family wants me to have a wedding because I'm my parents only daughter but I just cannot fathom spending all that money on one day. I'd rather take the money and put it in a savings account or a down payment on our dream home.

I'd be absolutely happy going to Vegas and getting hitched there and having my closest friends and family there. Nothing grand.

And for the record, I'm not even engaged. Woah. Slow down there, Mel.

Dateless in Dallas







No comments:

Post a Comment