Tuesday, April 22, 2014

{Easy} Protein Pancakes

If you know anything about me, you know that I am a health fanatic and I'm always looking for new recipes to try.

I had been on a hunt for an easy protein pancakes recipe but they all seemed a little complicated and too much work. Both things in which I don't like. I kind of combined some of the recipes I had seen and made my own concoction. I think it's super easy and a great post workout meal/treat.

I like pumpkin pancakes because let's be honest, we want pumpkin year around. If you're not a pumpkin fan, you can substitute it for banana.

Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 scoop of whey protein (your choice of flavor, I use Metabolic Nutrition Protizyme Vanilla)
2 egg whites (I use the carton kind & measure 2 tbsp)
1/4 cup of oats
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
OR 1/2 a banana (if you don't have pumpkin)
1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

Directions: 
Put ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. I use my Ninja. Let the batter set for 5-7 minutes. Heat the pan on medium heat and spray with non-stick spray. Pour the batter onto the pan and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for additional 2-3 minutes.

This makes approximately 2-3 normal sized pancakes. I like mine small so I usually have about 5.

I serve with sugar free syrup or  PB2 and serve with strawberries.



Let me know if you try this! I promise it's so easy and you'll be making them all the time like me :) 

Next recipe post will be cauliflower pizza. Stay tuned! :) 

Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment