Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Random Acts of Kindness

Happy Humpday! Can you believe we're already a week into the new year?? Crazy.

So today's topic of discussion for the Inspire Me 2014 Challenge is - What are some Random Acts of Kindness you'd like to accomplish this year?


I started doing RAOK during Thanksgiving and it felt so good to be able to make someones day with a simple gesture. I paid for the person behind me in the Dunkin Donuts drive-thru more than a handful of times and there were a couple of times they did the same for me so I paid it forward. I've also taken coffee for my team at work, paid for someones lunch, and sent a gift to someone. 

This Pay it Forward movement really inspired me to keep it ongoing and don't just do it during the holiday season. It's very rewarding and heartfelt when you do something kind for a stranger. The awesome thing about it is that you can come up with some creative ways to pay it forward and they don't even have to cost anything. Even a small gesture as to smile to someone who may be having a bad day or telling a corny joke. 

Some ideas of RAOK I'd like to do this year include: 
  • Giving our waiter a generous tip. 
  • Pay for someone's lunch/dinner. 
  • Send someone I haven't talked to in a long time a letter or small gift to let them know I'm thinking of them. 
  • Volunteer at a charity or donate monthly to a charity. 
These are just some ideas that I've had racked up in my brain for a while. What are some Random Acts of Kindness you're going to do? I'd love some more ideas or creative ways to do something kind. 




Showered With Design

signature



No comments:

Post a Comment