Saturday, January 4, 2014

My 2014 New Year Resolutions

large

1. Learn how to say NO. This is something that I am trying to learn. It is so easy for me to say yes and commit to so many things and then I end up getting overwhelmed with all that I should do. I'm learning that it is okay to say no to people and things, even if it means hurting that persons feelings (unintentionally, of course.).

2. Worry less. If anyone knows me, they know I'm a worrywart. Sometimes I can't fall asleep at night because I worry about things. Ex: are the doors locked? Did I turn off the candle? Did I feed Billy (my work fish)? Did I say that wrong? Did I hurt her feelings? Yes, these are things I think about all while trying to sleep. I need to learn to worry less, let go, and just live.

3. Step out of my comfort zone. I like consistency and doing the same things but I've learned that it is NOT getting me anywhere. It's time to take chances and do things I never thought I'd be able to do. 2013 was the year I started lifting heavy and it was amazing. It really was where the magic happened and I began to see results. I used to be scared and intimidated by the other people at the gym and thinking I could never do that. I was wrong. There were people who believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. It's time to take chances and continue to step out of my comfort zone, and it may even mean I fail at it. At least I took the chance.

4. Train harder, smarter, and be consistent in my clean eating diet. The holidays really put a damper on my clean eating and going to work and school full time was really draining my energy to even make it to the gym. I need to make my health a priority because it makes me feel good.

5. Run a race every month. I did this in 2012 and it was a success. I had so much fun with it that I vowed to do it again in 2013. I lost the motivation during March 2013 and didn't do another race again. I'm signing up for my 1st one of the year and I even have friends who are doing it with me too!

6. Read one book each month.

7. Be aware of what I spend. I buy way too much shit I don't need. Truth. I said it. I need to focus on buying things I only need. I have a closet full of clothes that is over flowing, a crap ton of shoes, makeup that hasn't even been used, and the list goes on.

8. Pay off debt.  It's so easy to say that but much harder to do. I need this to be a priority right now as I try to open my own business.

9. Do Random Acts of Kindness. I did this during December and I absolutely loved it! It made me feel so good and I'm sure it made someone's day. I want to continue this for life! I encourage you to do it too.

10. Just blog and write. See number 2. I'm so inspired by other bloggers and their ability to put it all out there. I think too much and worry what others will say but I guess that is a risk I'm willing to take. This blog is me stepping out of my comfort zone and putting it all out there. I just hope this blog is fun and inspiring to others!

Well, there you have it, my friends. I really am trying so hard to learn all of these things. It's challenging but they are worth doing.

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment