Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekend Recap

Happy President's Day! I'm jealous if you had the day off and got to sleep in and relax for an extra day. Hope your weekend was great! My weekend was a little whirlwind and fun. Ha! That's probably the best I can describe it.

I'll start with Thursday night. My girl Bella hosted an Anti-Valentine's Day Bash at Mockingbird Station in Dallas. It was so much fun and I'm so glad I went. I took a girlfriend with me and we both had a blast. Here are a few photos from the night. They had live music, photo booth, food, drinks, glitter tattoos, and Mr. Hottie aka Cupid. 




Friday was of course Valentine's Day. I probably over indulged in sweets at work and it was my boss' last day at work so we celebrated him with a cake. I may or may not have had a piece. Okay, I did. Juan and I had planned to just grab dinner at my favorite place, Zoe's Kitchen and catch a movie. Nothing fancy. I just wanted to spend time with him. We ended up watching About Last Night with Keven Hart. It was pretty funny but I thought it got boring an hour in. Every scene was about sex and it ended up being a love story. So predictable. I enjoyed our time together, as I always do. 

We don't really exchange gifts for Valentine's Day but I found Datevitation.com and I knew I had to get him something. You can create your own coupon date book. 
Here's just a glimpse of what Juan's looked like. He's already wanting to use it! "Calm down bro!" 
The one on the right says "win an argument. You're right. I'm wrong. Case closed."
He got me some headphones I've been wanting since the earbuds he gave me don't fit in my ear. I needed ones that go over the ear. Small ear problems. 

Saturday I had lunch with a friend and her 5 year old daughter. It was good times. He daughter is so funny so it made for great conversation. And it was good catching up with her. I also treated myself to a white chocolate covered strawberry since I was still in the Valentine's Day mood. 
Doesn't it look delicious and pretty? It was, trust me! 

I went home and cleaned out my closet to get rid of crap I don't need anymore. The weather called for it too since it got warm this weekend and I needed to do some Spring cleaning. 

My friend invited me over for some girl time that night and of course I couldn't say no. I love time with my girls. So I went over with food and we watched movies and chatted. I ended up leaving (or trying to leave) around midnight and when I went out to get in my car...MY CAR WAS GONE! I panicked and ran back to her place and didn't know what to do. I didn't want to call Juan or my parents because they'd probably be mad but my only resort was to call Juan. My parents were out of town and I didn't want them to be mad or worried. Yes, I'm 26 years old and my parents still get mad at me and worry. I called 911 and they told me my car had been towed because I was parked in reserved parking. I was so pissed at myself. Why didn't I check? Why was I in such a hurry? Juan ended up picking me up and we picked up my car. It costs me $300 to get it out. KILL ME! FACK! Oh well, I have to pay the price for my stupidity and I promise that will not be happening again. 

Sunday was spent cleaning my house and grocery shopping with Juan. We had a late lunch at Chuy's and the food was so good! Juan and I laughed about my car being towed the night before and his hatred for the towing companies. He has stories so I could understand. And like every Sunday, I meal prepped and got ready for the week.

Happy Monday y'all! Stay positive and have a great week! 

Linking up with Dateless in Dallas and Showered With Design
Dateless in Dallas







No comments:

Post a Comment