Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Confessions: Shoe Queen?

It's no secret that I love shoes, hence the name of this blog. Like really, really love shoes, heels preferably. They speak so much about a woman. They don't discriminate the way clothes does. They either fit you or they don't. Hell, I'm even trying to open my own shoe store.

some of my babies displayed pretty in my closet

Ever since I went back to school full time last semester, I have not worn a single pair of heels. *GASP*

I have this closet room full of gorgeous heels, some of them brand spanking new that have never been worn. I just found it extremely hard to wear heels during school since I'd be walking all over campus and since I take night classes I didn't want to be running around in heels in the dark. That could be dangerous! (Thinking about it now, I could probably fight off someone with a pair of heels I have)

People at work, friends, etc still refer to me as the "Shoe Queen". I love that name but lately I feel like I'm a fake! I know it sounds so silly but I feel like I'm not living up to that name anymore. I still love my heels. I wish to wear them more often but with this nasty Texas weather I never know whether to wear heels or snow boots and lately it's been boots. Ew.

And the last few months I find myself leaning more towards the flats section of the department store. If you know me or you don't, I don't do flats besides tennis shoes and riding boots. Maybe I'm just learning to love both flats and heels and this is just a phase. Who knows? I can love both, right? 

I'm really gonna work on wearing my heels again. They make me feel confident and sexy. Yikes, what if I end up looking like a newborn baby giraffe trying to find it's balance. 

Aww, I probably wouldn't be that cute though.

Linking up with my girl Bella from Dateless in Dallas for Confessions. 








5 comments:

  1. I love your shoe closet display! I am with you on not wearing heels that often. Lately it has been boots or flats for me too and I'm fine with it because I love my boots. Sounds like we need to get out more often on the weekend that way you can wear your heels :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my boots too! Yes, we need to get out more often! Some of them I can't even wear to work because it's pointless. I need a reason to dress up! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Girl a shoe queen doesn't have to mean just heels, does it?! There is nothing wrong with cute flats or boots, especially if you're walking around campus at school - you would be miserable in heels! Shoe Queen - means ALL shoes :) Also, I am absolutely in love with your shoe display in your close... please come decorate mine!!! You would be ashamed of how mines looks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) You are so right!! I love my boots and flats! I guess I never knew cute flats existed until recently so now I have plenty that go with just about everything I wear on a daily basis.

      Delete
  3. I have a confession, I buy tons of cute heels and then they sit in my closet and never get worn! I am more of a flats person but was actually just told that I should be wearing heels instead of flats so I'm trying to incorporate heels into my wardrobe more often.

    ReplyDelete