Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend Recap+more

                                                 Linking up with Bella & Lisa for weekend recap :) 

Weekend Recap



Holy balls, it's been a hot minute. Guys, things have been hectic around here lately. Lots of changes.

First off, J's brother moved in with us and it has been quite the adjustment. I mean, I have to pick up after myself and be dressed at all times. That shit is hard. It's cool though, it's kind of nice having someone else here. He also brought his pup with him so now Rico has a playmate.

Juan's birthday was last week and we celebrated with cake and TopGolf. We had a great time alone together before the move.



I've been working my ass off at the gym, work, home...trying to get things in order. I'm also trying to get to bed at a decent time. Thanks to my friend, Melatonin. That shit works. Try it.

So this weekend was pretty chill but busy.

Friday was spent watching the Spurs vs. Mavs game. Hey, it's playoffs season so I need to watch ALL the games. My poor Spurs lost and I went to bed sad.


Saturday I had to wake up early and head to the gym. Not for a training session but for weigh-in and measurements for the challenge that I'm in. They haven't given me my results yet but I need to know. They also held a Q&A session for those in the challenge and talked about nutrition, etc. Those sessions are always so helpful because you get feedback from everyone.

Saturday afternoon was WAY too beautiful to be stuck inside so we packed the dogs in the truck and went to play volleyball at a local park. I hadn't played in AGES (middle school) and I thought I had forgot how to play. It all came back to me and I was able to score 3 times. Awesome!



J and I also went up to Home Depot to check out some flowers. I really want to start growing some sort of plant in my yard, but something low maintenance. I definitely want a rose bush so that is going behind my house. Any ideas?

We ended our night with dinner at Three Stacks in Frisco. I had a delicious kale salad.

I had breakfast with my mom at our favorite little bistro and it was nice spending time with her. After breakfast, we headed to Francesca's where they were hosting a We heart Mother's Event. We put our name in the drawing and shopped around a bit. They told us to come back at 11am when they announce the winner. When we went back to the shop for the announcement, they called my name! I was soooooo excited!! I never win anything!! I got a basket that consisted of a leopard top, floral scarf, earrings, necklace, thong underwear, candle, sunglasses case, and a journal. I left a very happy camper.





My company also had our annual picnic at the baseball stadium so J and I went for a couple of hours. The sun was brutal and we were already burnt from the day before at volleyball so we left to watch the Spurs vs. Mavs game. My Spurs won so I was able to sleep peacefully! Haha!


And because I can't get enough of these two! So precious!

Well, that was way too much for such a late post. I'll be more on top of my game this week.


xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment