Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dad's Birthday + Mother's Day

Hey guys! I've been such a slacker lately but seriously, I'm so frickin busy every night. I'm finding it harder and harder to get on here for an update. I'm thinking of changing my workout times to the mornings again because I just hate it being right in the middle of my evenings. We'll see though...maybe during the summer when it gets blazing hot. It'll be cooler in the morning. 

So this weekend was cray cray busy...per my usual. 

Friday night, Bella and I had dinner at Kenny's Smokehouse in Plano. It was our first time there and the food was pretty yummy. I wouldn't say it was the best BBQ but it was up there with a couple of my favs. I had smoked sliced brisket and a salad with avocado vinaigrette. Oh it was so good! 


Also, Friday night my A/C went out on my car. Aye! I'm hoping it can be an easy and inexpensive fix because the summer is coming and the heat is brutal in Texas. A/C is a must in every car. 

Saturday was my dad's birthday so I treated him to a nice shave at The Art of Shaving. I highly recommend the guys getting it done. It's a cool experience. My dad loved it! It's like a dude pampering. He totally deserved it too. 

We had lunch at Grand Luxe Cafe at the Galleria Mall. We had never been so it was a great experience for us all. It was awesome catching up with my family and it just being us 4. I ate light so I could enjoy dessert. I didn't take a picture of my chocolate chip pecan cookie because it was gone in 2.3 seconds but here is what my brother and parents got, beignets. 


I had a baby shower later that day and I'm sad I didn't take any photos. It was fun to catch up with an old friend and I'm so excited for her to be welcoming a baby boy! I went crazy and bought almost every cute boy outfit I could find. I couldn't help myself, I love baby stuff. 

My BFF Jeanette and I decided we needed some A/C since the baby shower was outside and my cars A/C was kaput so we went to Mattito's in Frisco and enjoyed a Rumba Rita. Dang, those things are strong and hit you hard. They only limit 2 per person...go figure! 

I was exhausted from the days festivities so I went to my parents house to take a nap and Juan came to pick me up later that night. We headed to one of his friends birthday parties in Dallas at the Foundry. It was fun and I'm glad I went because I was already tired. I had a Kentucky Lemonade and a shot of something. 



Ahh so Sunday was Mother's Day and I'm so super sad I didn't get to spend a lot of time with my mama. I didn't have my car since my dad was checking it out and I can't really drive Juan's because it's manual and well, I don't know how to drive it. I wanted to do something special for her but it just didn't happen. We did end up going over for a bit to visit her, I got her some flowers and gifts. No worries though, my dad, brother, and I are planning something super special for her this week...it's a surprise and she has no idea! I just wish we had planned the day better because she deserves it. I hope I can make it up to her! 



Hope you all had a good weekend and are having a great week! Happy Humpday! 






No comments:

Post a Comment