Monday, July 7, 2014

Weekend Recap - 4th of July Weekend

Whew! This was a long weekend but somehow not long enough. I was able to relax, be productive, and spend time with family and friends. I think we need more weekends like this!

My weekend started on Thursday when I was able to take off work early and grab lunch at my favorite spot, Zoes Kitchen. I went home and took a long nap then headed to my massage appointment. Can you tell I'm a sucker for relaxation? Yes! I usually get one once a month. It's worth it for me since I always seemed so stressed and tense.

After my massage, I went home shopping at one of my favorite stores, Marshalls. Got some awesome goods for my bathroom to redecorate. Instead of going home to sit my happy ass down on the couch, I ended up washing my car myself because I'm still too scared to take my car to the car wash. It's new and I don't want anyone or anything to fudge it up! 
Now it looks so pretty and clean!

Thursday night, J & I headed out for some pizza and then out to karaoke with some of his friends. I didn't participate..I'm too shy but J on the other hand decided to grace us with his awful beautiful voice with some song I'm not even sure the name of as it was in Spanish and has some funky sound to it. It was hilarious and we had a great time!

Of course I slept in Friday! But once I got out of bed, I made breakfast tacos for J and I and proceeded to clean my house from top to bottom with no interruptions. Had the music blastin, hair pinned up, and in my comfy clothes. 

Here's how my bathroom turned out with the new decor! I love it! And I have a lavender Scentsy in there so it's so calming. I need to buy a light dimmer so the light isn't so harsh. 
   


After all the cleaning, I had to get out from all the fumes in the house. I spent 4th of July with all my family which we hadn't done in years. It was nice catching up, eating delicious food, and throwing back some beers. We caught the fireworks show from my cousins house which was awesome since we didn't have to fight traffic like we usually do. 




I think Saturday was just a rest day for me. I had ZERO intentions of peeling myself out of bed. It was so hard so I ended up watching Netflix movies/shows in bed and drinking endless amounts of coffee. I think sometimes we just need days to do absolutely nothing. Plus, it helped that my house had already been cleaned so I wasn't stressed about it. I ordered Zoes Kitchen, of course, for dinner. That was about as exciting as my Saturday was. 

Sunday morning, my BFF and I had plans to have breakfast at my fav little spot in Plano. I think most people were still recovering from the weekend because the place was empty which was awesome! 


The rest of the day was spent running usual errands and napping. In between the two, I ended up at PetsMart to get the dogs a small pool. I know they are dying outside in this Texas heat so I thought I'd get them a little something to cool them down. Janko loved it while Rico hated the thought of even turning the hose on to fill the pool. He ran inside faster than a bullet. Little stinker! 


Geez! I am exhausted just talking about the weekend. I need a weekend from this weekend. How was y'alls 4th of July weekend? 

I'm linking up with Bella and Lisa! Be sure to check them out! :) 


Weekend Recap


No comments:

Post a Comment