Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Confessions of a Blogaholic: Facing My Fear

Happy Hump Day! I'm joining my girl Bella for Confessions of a Blogaholic today!

My confession today has been weighing on my mind a lot lately. Mostly because people have been asking me about plans for my future and whether or not I'm still in the process of opening my own business. Of course my dream is to open my own business, actually multiple businesses.

Truth is...YES! I'm still wanting to open my own business.

Confession is...I'm fucking scared out of my mind.

I don't know why I haven't pursued it because I don't really have anything that is tying me down. I'm just a girl with huge dreams but I'm so terrified of taking that next step and willing to risk whatever it is I have left.

I went to a wine glass painting party a couple of weeks ago and the instructor went over how she got started on her business on creating wine glass painting parties here in DFW and Wichita Falls area. She's only 25  years old and she is so driven and hardworking. She works over 100 hours a week, works as a waitress, and has a year old son. I told her my plan to open my business and her question was "Why haven't you done it yet?" Stopped me dead in my tracks...my answer, "Because I'm scared. Because I don't have a lot of money. Because I'm afraid of the risk." She told me, "Just do it! You don't have any kids, you're single, and if you want it bad enough you'll make it happen."

You know what? She's absolutely right.


I went home that night and finished writing my business plans, brainstorming on how I can make this happen, and taking those next steps on making my dreams a reality. I have so much free time and nothing left to lose.

So there you have it! Glad to have that off my chest!

What are you confessing?

Confessions


No comments:

Post a Comment